Privacy & Cookies Notice
Privacy and Cookies Notice
Thanks for using Expandly. Our goal is to enable e-retailers to seamlessly sell and manage products online through multiple sales channels. As such, we take very seriously the respect and protection of your privacy and security. We are committed to following and continuously evolving best practices to support this principle.
We – meaning Expandly Ltd., doing business as Expandly (also “Expandly,” “our” or “us”) – prepared this Privacy and Cookies Notice to help you understand our practices with respect to the collection, use, and disclosure of information we collect from you through Expandly’s web or mobile applications (the “Expandly Products”), our websites that link to this Privacy and Cookies Notice, and any other services we provide to our customers or end users (collectively with the Expandly Products, the “Services”).
By accessing or using the Services, you agree to this Privacy and Cookies Notice and our Terms and Conditions.
Effective date: 25 May 2018. Last Updated: 24 May 2018
You can request our previous Privacy and Cookies Notice by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Information We Collect
What types of information we collect from you depends on how you use the Services, what Services you use, and what information you choose to provide or make available to us. We collect information from you when you:
– Create or register an account, and when you administer your account
– Input information or data into any of our Services, or post or upload Content to our Services
– Submit questions, requests, other communications to us via forms, email, or other communication media
– Contact us for customer support or technical support
– Visit any of our websites or download any of our apps
– Participate in any promotions, demonstrations, contests, surveys, or other marketing events
– Interact with other Expandly users and guests on our community forums
– Integrate third-party products and services with your Expandly account
Information related to the creation of accounts or that otherwise identifies you as a customer or end user of Expandly is what we call “Customer Information.” Customer Information may include certain “Personal Identifiable Information” or “PII”, such as your name, email address, gender, postal address and phone number. It also may include payment information, such as payment method, credit card information, and any contact information (such as name and postal address) associated with payment billing information. If you are an end user using the Services through an account created on your behalf by an Expandly customer (such as an employer, organization of which you are a member, or another individual), we may collect and process Customer Information about you on behalf of the Expandly customer with whom your use of the Services is associated.
When you create an account with Expandly, we may collect certain Customer Information directly from you or, if you create your account using a third-party service (such as Shopify or a single sign-on service such as Microsoft Sign On), we may collect Customer Information about you from the third-party service (such as your username or user ID associated with that third-party service). By choosing to create an account using a third-party service, you authorize us to collect Customer Information necessary to authenticate your account with the third-party service provider.
Certain aspects of the Services allow you to link or integrate third-party products and services to enable certain features and functionalities with the Services. For example, you can connect your Amazon or eBay store(s) so as to generate Content in Expandly from information and data contained in your Amazon or eBay store(s) or integrate with third-party services. If you choose to use these features or functionalities, you may be asked to create an account with a third-party service provider or link your existing account with that service provider (and, by doing so, agree to the Privacy and Cookies Notice and/or terms and conditions of that third-party). You may also be asked to authorize Expandly to collect information from the third-party service provider on your behalf. We will then collect information (such as your username or user ID associated with that third-party service) from you and/or that third-party service provider as necessary to enable the Services to access your data and content stored with that third-party service provider. Once the authentication is complete, we have the ability to access information you provided to us or was otherwise collected by the third-party service in accordance with the privacy practices of that third-party service. We will store the information and data we collect and associate it with your Expandly account, and we will only use that information and data to enable the integration of the Services with the third-party service provider and to perform actions requested or initiated by you, or that are reasonably necessary to carry out instructions provided by you.
One of the core aspects of the Expandly Products (and our related Services) is that you can upload your product and sales order information. We call anything you upload through the Expandly Products “Content.” You (and anyone who can interact with your use of the Expandly Products) ultimately controls the nature of the Content, and our collection, use, and disclosure practices with respect to Content are separate from those with respect to other sorts of information we collect, including Customer Information. As explained in detail above, we may also upload Content automatically with your authorization from third-party service providers.
Information collected automatically through your use of the Services
We collect information about how you use the Services and your actions on the Services, including IP addresses, what software and hardware you use (such as browser types, operating systems, ISPs, platform type, device type, mobile device identifiers such as make and model, mobile carrier), pages or features of Expandly used and associated dates and time stamps, search terms, links you click, whether you open messages sent to your account, and other statistics related to your usage of the Services. We may also use tools, including third-party tools, to collect analytics data. Some of this information is collected through the use of “cookies” and other tracking technologies, such as web beacons, session replay scripts, and similar technologies (“tracking technologies”). We may also work with third party partners to employ tracking technologies.
If you would prefer not to accept cookies or otherwise wish to disable our use of tracking technologies, please see “Managing Your Information,” below. Please note that doing so may negatively impact your experience using the Services, as some features may not work properly.
In some cases, we may collect limited location information. For example, we may use Google Analytics convert your IP address into a rough geolocation to understand in what areas our users are located and to improve and personalize Expandly (for example, to display time data in the correct local time).
Aggregated and anonymized information
We may collect information by aggregating and anonymizing other information. The aggregation and anonymization process prevents the information from being re-associated or identified with any one customer account, user, or individual. We may use aggregated and anonymized information for a wide variety of statistical and analytical purposes.
How we use the information we collect
We use the information we collect for a variety of purposes, and how we use it depends on what we collect and what Services you use (or features of the Services). These purposes may include:
– Providing the Services to you
– Responding to requests or inquiries from you
– Providing customer support or technical assistance
– Contacting you to provide product updates, information about products you have requested or purchased
– Marketing Expandly products, services and features that you may be interested in, and monitoring the performance of our advertisements and marketing efforts
– Creating or administering your account, including identifying you with your account or the account of an Expandly customer
– Billing you
– Deriving market insights, ways to improve the Services, and other business analysis or research purposes
– Customizing existing and future product offerings and other aspects of the Services to you and other users
– Securing the Services and our systems, and protecting your information and data
– Sharing with third parties for the purposes discussed in “How we share information”, below
– Any legitimate business purpose, provided that the information is aggregated and anonymized
Personal Identifiable Information
Specifically, we may use Personal Identifiable Information (including those contained within the Customer Information or otherwise collected by us) for the above purposes, but only as to the extent necessary for the purposes for which you have provided us with the information, to respond to inquiries or requests (including requests for customer support or technical assistance), to otherwise perform our obligations or act consistently with our Terms of Service, to respond to law enforcement or other governmental or legal authorities, and to otherwise use the information consistent with your instructions to us (both explicit, such as when you contact us directly with a request, and implied, such as when you engage us to provide you with the Services). If you wish to change these instructions, either by request, by correcting, amending, or deleting information we may have collected about you, or by opting out of certain data collection practices, please see “Managing Your Information”, below.
Use of Content
Notwithstanding anything else in this Privacy and Cookies Notice to the contrary, we will not use or access your Content except in the following cases: for providing the Services to you; where you (or, if you are an end user, the Expandly customer through which you have an account) explicitly approve access (e.g., during a customer support inquiry); where compelled to do so in response to lawful requests by law enforcement or government regulators; where necessary to ensure the stability and security of the Services and our systems (e.g., where we have reason to believe specific Content is degrading server stability); and where necessary to protect the rights, privacy, safety, or property of you, us, or others. We may also analyze metadata related to Content (such as total number of records, file size, API volume, access logs, etc.).
How we share information
We disclose information we collect in the following cases:
– You asked us to, or otherwise gave your specific consent.
– With vendors we engage to provide you with aspects of the Services, such as data storage, hosting, and payment processing.
– With third-party service providers who enable certain features or functionalities of the Services that you’ve requested (for example, by installing applications in Expandly).
– With vendors we engage to help us gain insights and analytics into how the Services are used and how they might be improved (for example, we may use third-party data enrichment services to match Customer Information or other Personal Identifiable Information we collect with publicly available database information in order to communicate more effectively with you).
– As necessary to comply with applicable law, including governmental requests, law enforcement requests, and otherwise to protect the rights, privacy, safety, or property of you, us, or others.
– As necessary in the event of a proposed or actual reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, financing, or other disposition of all or any portion of Expandly business, assets, or stock.
– With others for any legitimate business purpose, provided the information is aggregated and anonymized.
How we secure your information
We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the information we collect and store. Unfortunately, no security measures are 100% foolproof, and as such no network or system (including ours) can be guaranteed to be 100% secure against destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to information we collect and store. If you believe your information may not be secure for any reason, please contact us immediately at email@example.com.
Managing Your Information
You have many choices to access information we collect about you and about how we use or disclose that information. This section details many of those choices, including how you can exercise rights you may with respect to your information (including Personal Identifiable Information), how you can opt out of collection and use of certain types of information for certain purposes (such as marketing), and how you can use your browser or third-party tools to disable certain collection methods (such as cookies or tracking technologies).
You may access, correct, amend, or delete Content by accessing it within Expandly. You control all Content you upload. Content you delete (including Content containing personal information) may be retained in archived or backup copies in order to enable you to use certain features. For instructions on how to permanently delete Content from your Expandly account, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that permanent deletion of Content through this process will impair or disable those features with respect to that Content.
You may access, correct, amend, or delete Customer Information we have about you by logging into your account and navigating to your Account page. If you wish to cancel your account, Personal Identifiable Information associated with your account will be deleted as soon as is reasonably practical or as required by applicable law. Please note that we may retain information that is otherwise deleted in anonymized and aggregated form, in archived or backup copies as required pursuant to records retention obligations, or otherwise as required by law.
We may use some of the information we collect for marketing purposes, including to send you promotional communications about new Expandly features, products, events, or other opportunities. If you wish to stop receiving these communications or to opt out of use of your information for these purposes, please follow the opt-out instructions by clicking “Unsubscribe” (or similar opt-out language) in those communications. You can also contact us at email@example.com to opt out.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies – How to Opt Out
If you would prefer not to accept cookies or otherwise wish to disable our use of tracking technologies, most browsers and mobile devices allow you to change your settings so as to notify you when you receive cookies or other tracking technologies are being used, and to choose whether or not to accept/allow it. Most browsers also allow you to disable or delete existing cookies or to automatically reject future cookies. Disabling cookies may limit your ability to use the Services.
Certain tracking technologies we use are related to advertising networks, and through those technologies we may share certain information such as IP addresses. No Personal Identifiable Information is shared with these advertising networks, but please note that the information we share with those advertising networks might be combined with other information about you that those networks may have collected from other sources. To learn more about advertising networks and how to opt out of sharing information with them, please click here (http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1#!/) and here (http://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2#!/). If you’re in the EU, you can find additional information about your choices with respect to advertising networks and online behavioural advertising by clicking here (http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/).
Certain tracking technologies we use involve the use of session replay scripts or other scripts that run directly from your browser. If you wish to disable these tracking technologies, you can install a third-party browser analytics blocker.
International Transfers (including Transfers Outside of the European Union)
We process and store information on servers located in Europe and the United States, and we may store information on servers and equipment in other countries depending on a variety of factors, including the locations of our users and service providers. We may transfer your data to one of Expandly’s offices outside your country of domicile, potentially including countries which may not require an adequate level of protection for your Personal Data compared with that provided in your country. However, Expandly has adopted a system of principles, rules and tools, provided by European law, in an effort to ensure effective levels of data protection, in particular relating to transfers of personal information outside the EEA and Switzerland.
By using the Services, you consent to the transfer of information (including Customer Information, Content, and Personal Identifiable Information) to locations that may be outside of your country of residence. You acknowledge and agree that, as a condition of providing any Content, you can legally transfer it to another country.
Information from Children
Expandly is not directed to children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected Personal Identifiable Information of a child under the age 13, we will take reasonable steps to delete such information from our files as soon as is practicable. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you believe we have any information from or about a child under the age of 13.
As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Notice and our use of Personal Identifiable Information have been designed to uphold:
– The right to be informed about our collection and use of Personal Identifiable Information;
– The right of access to the Personal Identifiable Information we hold about you;
– The right to rectification if any Personal Identifiable Information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete;
– The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask us to delete any Personal Identifiable Information we hold about you (we only hold your personal data for a limited time, however if you would like us to delete it sooner, please contact us at email@example.com;
– The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your Personal Identifiable Information;
– The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation);
– The right to object to us using your Personal Identifiable Information for particular purposes;
– Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling; and
– The right to ask for a copy, free of charge, of any of your Personal Identifiable Information held by us (where such data is held) by completing a Data Access Request Form. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org in order to request this form.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your Personal Identifiable Information, please contact us at email@example.com and we will do our best to solve the problem for you. If we are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
Changes to Privacy and Cookies Notice
If you have any questions about this Privacy and Cookies Notice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.